Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rehab is a waste

Originally, I just tweeted (g8rgrad) about this subject... but felt it was more deserving of a larger forum.

I'm just very disappointed with Rihanna's new video, "Rehab." Don't get me wrong... the song is tight. However, I must note that the music video makes no sense, and the use of Justin Timberlake as a "featured" participant is a waste.

Timberlake = exceptional talent. He has done what very few artists have been able to do.... crossover mediums, audiences, genres, stereotypes to keep selling and creating music for almost two decades.

From boy bands (loved 'N SYNC!) to movies (pretty good performance in Alpha Dog) to hosting gigs like the ESPYs and SNL to performing all over the world, there is little that JT doesn't do well.

So, I bought in when so much hype surrounded his collaboration with Rihanna on this song. Pictures of the video shoot were leaked early. Radio stations were abuzz about the fusion.

Reality is - Timberlake had one line in the song (four words total), so for me, this was a total waste of his talent and his ability to turn a hot track even hotter.

No comments: